View previous topic :: View next topic  
sawicky

re: Resto Shaman

Raxxed
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

Forum Image

Gonna include/replace some questions from new website app page, formatting looks kinda fucked tho sorry

General Information 

Name: Plob

Location/Timezone: Sydney

Can you attend our farm content raids, (Wed/Thu/Sun)from 7pm -> 11pm AEST)? yaya

Tell us about yourself. Show us the man/woman behind the character.  Impress us, make us laugh. Convince us we want you in our guild. If you don’t take the time to sell yourself, there’s no reason for us to want to take you. We’ve worked hard to make this a great place to raid and demand incoming candidates prove they’re committed to continuing that.

yo i'm plob, i go to uni but its fair shit b/c my course is hard af so i play wow instead. i like fucking around but im serious and committed when I need to be.  i get along with most people (99%), i can take a joke as well as a criticism and i'll speak up if i see something shit. i'll be on time to raid, if not i'll definitely give notice. usually a pretty stoked ol' fellow i think and i like upbeat/jokey atmospheres.  

Character Information 

Character Name: Plob

Class: Shaman

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Plob/advanced

Do you have any secondary specs or alternative characters that you feel you play at a similar level to your main? Do you have sufficient gear to be raid viable with these specs/characters? What recent experience do you have playing them?

I got some fatty trinkets/multistrike pieces for ele which im really confident on; i see pretty dece numbers despite having ALOT of mastery from resto gear which isn't ideal. I've played a 677 monk (Plup) as main alt for a while now, primarily as tank but i'm almost equally as confident as windwalker, less so as mist but I go alright. I filled in as tank for a CM carry group in MoP, and a month and a bit ago i was rank 1 world for tank proving grounds with wave 117 or something (took a sneaky screenie for epeen if interested), which i'd say took a dece amount of skill and class knowledge, as such i would even consider myself equally, if not slightly better at brewmaster than my main. I also play 673 feral druid (Plobcat). Only started feral this expansion, but i've picked it up pretty well. I see really solid single target/2 target numbers, dropping off at 4+ targets because of pretty average cleave. i don't really see a niche for ferals, but yea ill play it if needed.

Describe your role in a specific raid encounter (You have the freedom to pick any fight). Go into some detail in how you manage your character and cooldowns, your role may also be different - depending on how your guild does this fight, so explain what exactly you do. If you have done the encounter on Heroic, explain that difficulty rather then normal: 

i'll go with siegecrafter heroic. Being the only healer, it was on me to call for externals when it was needed, and to make optimal use of my cooldowns. if i was fixated by laser, depending on how early on in the fight it was, i'd announce on mumble, tell tanks to use a cooldown if needed, drop healing rain and healing stream and leg it. if the raid was dipping i'd ask for healthstones/vamp embrace/heart tranq/healing tide/AG depending on raid comp, assuming im fixated by laser. During the magnet phase i usually asked for a bop so i didnt have to worry about copping a sawblade, then used ascendance to keep the raid up. kept ancestral vigor (rip) as close to capped on the tanks as possible at all times. I was usually in charge of raid movement, so I had to adapt/respond to people dropping shit sawblades/fire. not be retarded with mana management, mana pot when i had to, mana tide etc.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others.

From what i've observed from shitter less good pug shamans, a lot of them don't understand the spec is all about uptime, and probably don't track any of their abilities. i use the fuck out of weakauras to make sure i never miss a healing stream, and keep 100% uptime on healing raid where appropriate. I understand my mastery and how to utilise it properly, which im certain most don't. I know the strengths and shortcomings of my class, and how to make the best of the shortcomings. I know how to read healing meters (and logs, but not as well, something i'd work at) properly. I rarely look at healing meters mid fight, unlike dps I think a high hps does not necessarily reflect high skill, for a few reasons I wouldn't go into here.

Raiding Information 

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?

first started as private server pleb during BC + some wotlk, started retail at the start of ICC with some rl friends, cleared lich man 10 hc few days before cata. decided to go a bit more ham in cata, cleared 9/12 hc (bastion,bwd etc) playing a hunter before sperglord raid leader had a breakdown, quit after that. came back when siege hit, rolled disc priest, guild hopped a bit till i found my current guild (Infamous Legacy), cool dudes so i progressed with them from dark shamans onward, was promoted to officer, cleared garrosh in august i think, after a string of roster/shitter issues.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them? Do you have any references?

Guild was 10 man in mists, transition to 20 man mythic didn't go well, we ended up with 8 or so solid players from mist, 4 or 5 good recruits, then a bunch of bads that came and went/blocked prog. At this stage, due to lack of progression, I find myself not looking forward to raid night, and lost my naturally competitive drive. Due to this lack of motivation i've seen a slump in my play, something I know being in a progressing guild will fix. no references sori

Link to any recent combat parses (WMO, WoL, etc):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/37630

while not AWFUL, i'm defo not happy with them, i know i can do better

Link a screenshot of your UI (in combat, in a raid setting), use imgur.com to upload your image:

http://i.imgur.com/3Tu60Cm.jpg  shaman    blood legion cd is usually there but it lags me to fuck recently so disabled

http://i.imgur.com/sHPQWdT.jpg monk

Explain your keybinds and key addon usage, you may use your UI screenshot to assist you in doing so:

addons: I got a fuckton of weakauras, use them to track almost everything, personal and external. Mostly these are self made but i rack other peoples if they are good. I got angry assignments, bigwigs, tidyplates, extra cd, skada, and as I said blood legion cd but lag, fine to dl any relevant addons if asked.

binds: tilde (`) 1 2 3 4 5 6, control + ` 1 2 3 4 5 6, T, Z, G, V, B, X, R, F1, F2, F3, shift + 1, 2, 3, 4

shaman prob least comprehensive/logical setup out of my alts, just what im used to.

usually use ctrl + T Z G etc as well but not on shaman

List your computer's stats and your internet connection. Include average latency and FPS during raids: 

recently built i7 system with gtx 770, cable internet, 36 down, stable 8 ms, fluctuate between 60-100 fps during 20 mans, depending on fight

Extra 

Why do you want to join Honestly?: 

outlined reasons in guild question, i want to be competitive again. I think i've learnt enough about raiding so far to be somewhat valuable to u guys

Tell us why we should give you a trial: 

i actually think i can bring something to the group. i have ideas about fights but im not gonna spam them unless im totally sure its worth saying. i usually don't have to be told to do something twice, same mistake twice makes me wanna /wrist. i hate repeating myself so i try not to be hypocritical about it 

Do you play any other games? Give us an idea of your general gaming background/history: 

was platinum in lol few seasons in a row, was diamond in sc few years ago, playing some hardcore d3 currently, also dabble in some osu and cs go which i blow dick at

If there is anything else you would like to add, or you have any closing comments, include them here:

ya just hope i can show u guys the high level of play i know im capable of, and not choke, thx 4 readin

sabu#1317 is me btag, hmu for questions or if u wanna tell me im a shitter either is k

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honestly Forum Index -> PVE Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum