re: Astriks - Hunter

i think the main point is

wheres daddy and when do i get smacked

Nnub

proud of u sawiky ocea #1 jew polak boomchikin fail benched resto tree

sawicky

See, here's the issue, if you "seem to do better" as SV, it is because you are not playing BM optimally, so it's not "So whatever i'm doing it's clearly working for my SV play", it's "So whatever i'm doing it's clearly NOT working for my BM play". Also, your methodology for judging your play is faulty in and of itself. It is completely spurious to compare your DPS to other hunters you play with, as you cannot know how optimally THEY are playing.

If you are aware that you don't need ted, then why set it as some arbitrary threshold where you perceive it to be worthwhile playing? 

Again with the UI, your reaction time to events/debuffs WILL NOT be as fast if you are using blizzard default to track things, this can lead to deaths, missed GCD's, wasted trinket procs etc.

The main issue that I have with the app overall is the fact that YOU YOURSELF claim to "strive to be the best" and want to be "rank 1 hunter", yet you are not playing the optimal spec, seem quite complacent with just being as good as the other hunter (as proven by your logs), and the hypocrisy of then going on to say you play SV because you enjoy it more. 

Your unwillingness to change, complacency with mediocrity coupled with mediocre logs mean that I would not want you on our raid team. If you want to raid at a high level, you are expected to perform and behave accordingly. 

sawickerz

The thing is SV is the opposite of both stronger, and more consistent dps, and nearly every situation where you would serpent spread, beast cleave is better. You DO NOT NEED a TED for BM to be "viable", it is absolutely the stronger spec at this point. If you spent "countless hours theorycrafting" as you say, you would be aware of all of this.

As for the UI, you can't really use nameplates to track dots on every boss, because some you cannot even see the nameplate (boss too tall) and tracking trinket ICD's is VITAL to actually performing well (alignment with crows/stampede). And by focus, I mean Hunter focus.

Few questions, 1) why do you raid as SV? 2) How are you tracking debuffs, trinkets and focus with that UI? 3) Mind going into more detail about how you "strives to be the best they can at the spec/class i'm playing"?

sawicky

Astriks / Jamie

Name: James
Location/Timezone: Sydney, The zone where it cycles day and night in 12 hour rotations.

Can you attend our farm content raids, (Wed/Thu/Sun)from 7pm -> 11pm AEST)? Ofcourse
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an MLG pro keyboard presser, I like to eat junk food to add to my obesity in an attempt to get diabetes. I'm also an accounting student and a full time dragon slayer.

Character Information
Character Name: Astriks
Class: Hunter
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Astriks/advanced

List and describe any gear sets for other specs that you possess: The mail stuff with agility. Preferably pretty bows.

Do you have any reasonably geared alts that you are prepared to play as well? List & describe them here: I have in my possession a retribution paladin with an ilvl of 669

Describe your role in a specific raid encounter (You have the freedom to pick any fight). Go into some detail in how you manage your character and cooldowns, your role may also be different - depending on how your guild does this fight, so explain what exactly you do. If you have done the encounter on Heroic, explain that difficulty rather then normal: On brackenspore I sometimes like to equip the powerful flamethrower and hose my enemies with the wrath of deathwing himself. When the waves engage me, I pull my helicopter blades out and fly over them to reduce damage if i can not disengage out of the way while mowing the lawn.

Raiding Information
Previous Raid Experience (guilds, ranks/roles, and content cleared - include Vanilla/BC if relevant): Professional raider and full time pimp to other hunters in the guild of Immortal Dream, started playing in SoO and quickly became the best pokeman master there ever was.

Reason for leaving your current guild: Raid times are late, not allowing enough time for recovery before school. Leaving on good terms.

Link to any recent combat parses (WMO, WoL, etc): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/14A9hzFmwYbtKcgL#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=16

Link a screenshot of your UI (in combat, in a raid setting), use imgur.com to upload your image: http://imgur.com/9QQOLyT

Explain your keybinds and key addon usage, you may use your UI screenshot to assist you in doing so:
As you can see in the previous picture i linked, I use the Bartender addon. I roll my face from 1 side of the keyboard to the other and do better dps than everyone else, it's as simple as that.
List your computer's stats and your internet connection. Include average latency and FPS during raids: http://imgur.com/4qmxcEq . 120 fps average with 9 ping. It's a decent computer with alien body parts inside.

Extra
Why do you want to join Honestly?: To be Brutally Honest, I was always wanting to know what is was like to be Ruthless like Honestly... In my Immortal Dream last night I got up to some Random Mayhem and i stumbled upon a leprechaun, You could almost say it was Fate. But all he said was HueHueHue and on my merry way i went to find the next step to Elevation where i could join a guild like Honestly.

Tell us why we should give you a trial: I'm good at the game, Dragons fear me.

Do you play any other games? Give us an idea of your general gaming background/history:

WoW is life.

If there is anything else you would like to add, or you have any closing comments, include them here: If you made it this far, Kudos to you. Hire me pls.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honestly Forum Index -> PVE Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum