abbeyyy

re: Hoechsten-Warlock

Hochsten

General Information 
Name:  Ray
Location/Timezone:  VIC/AEST

Can you attend our farm content raids, (Wed/Thu/Sun)from 7pm -> 11pm AEST)?  Yes.
Tell us a little about yourself:  PhD student.

Character Information 
Character Name:  Hoechsten
Class: Warlock (prefer destro and demo. but can play aff)
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Hoechsten/simple

List and describe any gear sets for other specs that you possess:  N/A

Do you have any reasonably geared alts that you are prepared to play as well? List & describe them here:  No. I only play one toon at the same time.

Describe your role in a specific raid encounter (You have the freedom to pick any fight). Go into some detail in how you manage your character and cooldowns, your role may also be different - depending on how your guild does this fight, so explain what exactly you do. If you have done the encounter on Heroic, explain that difficulty rather then normal: 

I will pick H Garrosh. In the fight, I (with other 2 guys) was in charge of killing the engineer and I am in the group of leading the desecrated weapon. I used the burning rush to get to the engineer faster and demonic gateway to come back. To kill the engineer, I use 2 chaos bold (of course havoc on the boss).  Also, when Garrosh starting to AOE, use sacrificial pact instead of soul link. Using shadowfury to help tank kiting the adds. 

The role for a warlock mostly is to maximize dps as long as not to die and not to screw up the mechanics. To maximize dps for a destro and demo lock, the most important thing is the right timing to use chaos bolt and demonbolt/cataclysm. Always use them when have trinket and dark soul. Another thing for destro, mastering "havoc" is also essential. 

Raiding Information 
Previous Raid Experience (guilds, ranks/roles, and content cleared - include Vanilla/BC if relevant): 

TBC: first time playing wow as a warlock

WotLK: cat druid doing ICC progression. top 3 dps among cats in Taiwan Server according to the WMO. (an ancient wow log website. lol. I do have the screenshot of that if you need.)

CTM: didn't do the progression. just got to US and  basically just played boomkin and warlock for fun.

MoP: main balance druid in Dread-Korgath. server first in Empress and Sha of fear. Then after a few raids in ToT, Dread was not raiding anymore.(Dread is back now and doing pretty good in WoD.) So I AFKed for a few month untill SoO and played warlock in Illidan server. I was one of the main warlocks in Fantasia guild and 25-men 14H on 7th April 2014 (got the cutting edge achiev.)

WoD: since I just moved to Australia for my PhD, I cannot participate the raids in Illidan server because the time doesn't suit me. I just finished the normal HM in a non-guild based group.

Reason for leaving your current guild: 

I just move to Australia, so I have to quit my server(Illidan) if I want to do progression. 

Link to any recent combat parses (WMO, WoL, etc): 

I didn't save one. And my gear for now makes me not want to save one. lol. But I have plenty of experience of progression and I believe I do a pretty good job in not only just dps, but the mechanics as well. 

Link a screenshot of your UI (in combat, in a raid setting), use imgur.com to upload your image: 

http://imgur.com/a3NKde5

Explain your keybinds and key addon usage, you may use your UI screenshot to assist you in doing so: 

Keybinds: whatever it makes me easy to reach. 

Key addons: elvui, DBM, GRID, eventalert mod, extraCD. (well, elvui almost provides me everything I need)

List your computer's stats and your internet connection. Include average latency and FPS during raids: 

Just bought my new desktop. So don't need to be worried about my computer performance. Internet shouldn't be a problem. In an Oz server, my latency is around 30ms. 

Extra 
Why do you want to join Honestly?: 

You are a good progression alliance guild. 

Tell us why we should give you a trial: 

Whenever you want. I am available at almost every night.

Do you play any other games? Give us an idea of your general gaming background/history: 

Not other online games. I played starcraft, wowcraft, Heros 3,4,5, Civilization 4,5, Diablo 2,3. But for now, only WoW. 

If there is anything else you would like to add, or you have any closing comments, include them here:

I know I have shit gear for now and maybe can't do the mythic raid right away, but I do have strong background in the progression and I know what to do and can do a good job in the progression. I just need a chance to prove it. So if you are in need of a lock, you can trust me! lol

If you decide to give me a try, I probably need to transfer my toon from Illidan to Frostmore first. (I haven't done it because Illidan has a lot more ppl and I can find a non-guild group to do some raid more easily.)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honestly Forum Index -> PVE Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum