View previous topic :: View next topic  
terrez faver

re: Terrez - DPS Warrior

General Information
Name: Ryan
Location/Timezone: Japan (GMT +9)
Can you attend our farm content raids, (Wed/Thu/Sun)from 7pm -> 11pm AEST)? Yes
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm in the US Air Force as a bomb tech.  I'm the guy in the bomb suit who goes down on IEDs in fun places in the world and tries to make them not kill our guys.  I am here in anime land doing the Asia thing for 2 years; after those 2 years are up in mid-2016 I'll head off to some other land (GERMANY PLEASE OMG).

I would say, outside of deployments (which I'm very unlikely to get this year), my job doesn't take me away from home all too much more than your average corporate guy who does occasional business trips.  A couple times a year I'll go back to the states to do some training/exercises and I might go to Tokyo or something to do a mission.  These training/exercises/missions can be a couple days to a few weeks.  Usually I'll know that I'm going to these things weeks if not months in advance.  There's a rare chance that I'll be on-call and have to do an emergency response to the airfield on-base after work hours.  If North Korea goes full retard then obviously I'll become slightly less available.

Before the military I tried and failed at college/university.  I did my first year in mechanical engineering before my lack of study habits caught up to me.  I then changed to accounting and tried that out for three years before the same thing happened and I figured I needed to do something to sort myself out and stop wasting my parents' money.

I don't play any games other than WoW.  If I'm not raiding then I fuck around soloing raids to play Barbie Dress Up with my warrior.  If not that then wasting my life away on Reddit or whatever.  And if I get the kick to be social I'll go blackout playing beer pong with friends.  Working on getting skiis and going skiing because that's kinda huge up here.

Character Information 
Character Name: Terrez
Class: Warrior
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Terrez/advanced
List and describe any gear sets for other specs that you possess: I have trinkets/shield/weapon/rings for tanking.  I was originally going to go Prot on my warrior and lead groups from Something Awful forums but they're not on the caliber that I enjoy raiding with.  I've done a fair share of tanking in Wrath and Cataclysm and I'm completely comfortable filling in for that.
Do you have any reasonably geared alts that you are prepared to play as well? List & describe them here: I have a monk that I poke around on.  WW monks are pretty fun and have a pretty decent skill cap to max out DPS.  I've done alt raids with priest, death knight, paladin, druid, shaman.  I've healed, tanked, rDPS'd, mDPS'd.  I can keep the monk but if there's any particular class/spec you want on backup (Moonkins, Disc priests, Prot/Holy paladins) let me know and I can get one to 100.
Describe your role in a specific raid encounter (You have the freedom to pick any fight). Go into some detail in how you manage your character and cooldowns, your role may also be different - depending on how your guild does this fight, so explain what exactly you do. If you have done the encounter on Heroic, explain that difficulty rather then normal: H-Imperator, Arms

P1 - Open with prepot, Charge, Reck/trinket/B.Rage > Dragon Roar, Ravager, Colossus Smash, Bladestorm.  Get on the add when it comes out and cleave.  If Branded goes on melee and lands on me at 25y, jump out to clear it then charge back in.  Heroic Leap over Force Nova.

P2 - Hold dick while he floats in the air.  Once he comes down refresh Rend on both him and the add.  Once add is next to boss D.Roar, Ravager, CS, Bladestorm.  Do the stagger thing with Branded if it goes in melee.  Jump over Force Nova.

T1 - If you deathgrip the ogres then smack one of them while cleaving onto the adds.  Kick it to save damage.  If focused then switch to the other ogre (or stay put if you have room).  Use Rallying Cry if healers call for it if add damage gets a little bursty.

P3 - Save cooldowns to cleave add as best as possible (don't stagger it too long if boss and add get seperated during Mark of Chaos).  Vigilance the tank if called for or when deemed useful.  Jump over Force Nova when possible.  Jump out with Branded at 50y.

T2 - Potion/cooldowns on melee ogre while cleaving caster.  Cry/Vig if called for.  Clean up adds going into next phase.

P4 - Cleave big add, AoE cooldowns for small adds.  Jump Nova; spread out from other melee if Leap is on CD.  Dodge orbs.  Branded at 25y.

General - Always give a glance at BigWigs range finder for Mark of Chaos.  Plan cooldowns around maximizing cleave/AoE other than initial pull and during T2.  Work with healers to maximize your raid utility with Rallying Cry and Vigilance.  I need raid time on this guy to work out the timing for cooldown usage and to know what talents/glyphs to take.

Raiding Information 
Previous Raid Experience (guilds, ranks/roles, and content cleared - include Vanilla/BC if relevant): Started playing mid-2008.  Did some casual Karazhan/ZA as Prot warrior.  Did T7 as Fury and got the dumb 10m drake.  Started getting into serious raiding with Ulduar.  Heads up: T11 was a wild ride for me.

Bad News Bears - DPS warrior - Helped them get their first Algalon kill.  Full progression on 0-Light Yogg.  T9 progression through first H-Anub kill.  Heroic Putricide, Blood Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa, Lich King, Halion progression/kills.  Did Cata beta raids with Phoenix .  Killed H-Halfus and the guild hit a wall after that trying to get a 2nd heroic kill and died.

Uprising - Prot/DPS warrior - Helped them get a H-Nefarion kill as Prot.  GMs burned out on Valiona progression and quit.

No Chicks Allowed - DPS warrior - Helped them get a H-Ascendent Council kill.  Left because I had an opportunity to play for a relatively well-known guild on one of the largest American servers.

Juggernaut - Prot warrior - did two weeks of Sinestra progression.  Left because their GM was a massive asshole and the guild environment was reminiscent of a strict Vanilla guild.

Obsidium - DPS warrior - H-Al'Akir progression/kill.  Great guild but I had two good friends from Bad News Bears that really wanted me to join their guild for Firelands.  I eventually caved and did my best to leave Obsidium on the best note possible.

Gentlemens Club - DPS warrior - full Firelands progression/farm.  Heroic progression/kills from Morchok through Ultraxion.  Left because the GM was also a dick, specifically to my friend Blackmere.  Myself and my two BNB friends left to join another BNB friend's guild when we got fed up with the GM.

Supermassive - DPS warrior - helped them finish H-Ultraxion, full progression of Heroic Blackhorn, Spine, Madness.  Did farm for about two months before I had to quit due to college falling apart.

Casual Scrubs - Disc/Shadow priest - Raided a bit with a casual 10m guild while I waited to leave for the military.  Did progression/kills as Disc on Heroic Horridon, Council, Megaera, Ji-Kun, Iron Qon, and Twins.  Was Shadow for Durumu and Twins as well as farming some of the older kills once we got a new healer.

Significant alt experience - Did 11/12H 25m ICC progression as Shadow Priest.  Did 12/12H ICC and H-Halion 10m as Holy/Disc.  Did 5/13H 25m T11 as Shadow/Disc.  Did full progression on 7/7H 10m T12 as Disc.  Did progression on 6/7H 10m T12 as Holy paladin.  Farmed 8/8H 25m T13 as Feral (cat) druid.  Briefly did some alt stuff as Elemental shaman in T15.

Reason for leaving your current guild: Being an American guild their raids start at 10:30am while I'm at work.  I love being in guild chat with them and doing the occasional alt raid with them but I want to play at a high caliber and do progression, not blitz my way through Normals with people who know the fights inside and out while I don't.
Link to any recent combat parses (WMO, WoL, etc): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/87542
Link a screenshot of your UI (in combat, in a raid setting), use imgur.com to upload your image: http://i.imgur.com/8XoAvqd.jpg
Explain your keybinds and key addon usage, you may use your UI screenshot to assist you in doing so: Keybinds. I use Weak Auras to track procs like Raging Blow!.  I may use WA to track critical debuffs.  I use the shit out of Skada during progression to see where I'm fucking up, who's fucking up, what ways I can improve my DPS or other areas of my playing.  I use BigWigs for my raid mod; the emphasized bars show up under my Grid.
List your computer's stats and your internet connection. Include average latency and FPS during raids: My laptop.  Laptop because I couldn't use a desktop during my job school.  I'm currently using the integral microphone but if it sounds too shitty in Mumble then I'll order a headset.  I have decent internet.  Occasionally get lag but the server is on the East Coast of the US;  I'm sure an Australian server will be a bit better.

Extra 
Why do you want to join Honestly?: Your hours work for me.  Your progression/skill level is roughly similar to guilds I used to raid with.  Frostmourne is a huge server and I can easily find stuff to do quick pickup groups for alts.  Raid attitude seems pretty good from what I've seen in your kill videos.
Tell us why we should give you a trial: While I'm behind on gear and experience with this tier, I believe I'm an excellent raider.  My standard for raiders when I'm judging guild applications is to first see if they have competency in playing their character; if they pass that then I look at how good of a raider they are.  To me a good raider communicates well, contributes ideas to raid strategy outside of his personal role, is flexible in trying out other people's ideas, is consistent in his performance, and primarily strives to kill bosses over personal character goals such as gear or DPS rankings.  Historically I've been one of the top DPS for most fights within my guilds' raids while doing a good amount of discussion for strategy.  I believe once I get geared up and Blackrock Foundry is released I will be a great asset to your raid for that full progression.
Do you play any other games? Give us an idea of your general gaming background/history: As mentioned above: not anything else currently.  I played Counterstrike and FPS games most of my life.  I played a lot of the original WC3 DotA.  I tried to get into Starcraft but holy shitballs is that a massive skill curve.
If there is anything else you would like to add, or you have any closing comments, include them here: For references I have my two good friends from Bad News Bears that are now in Supermassive: Blackmere (current main is Blackmonk) and Chickenshift (current main is Voidshift).  They've both told me they're ok with being my reference and are glad to talk to you.  I have another potential reference if you would also like: Dasima in Midwinter.  I played with him in Gentlemens Club and he is an outstanding raider who I have a lot of respect for.  If you are interested in talking to him I'll get in touch with him about it.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honestly Forum Index -> PVE Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum