View previous topic :: View next topic  
lew2077

re: Tanto - Rogue Application

apologies for the formatting it came through all messed up and it doesnt look like I can edit the original post, correct me if I'm wrong.

lew2077

re: Tanto - Rogue Application

General Information 
Name:  Lewis
Location/Timezone: +10 Brisbane

Can you attend our farm content raids, (Wed/Thu/Sun)from 7pm -> 11pm AEST)? Sure can
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 27 year old who has come back WoW after a long absence looking to get back into the swing of raiding with some like-minded individuals.

Character Information 
Character Name: Tanto
Class: Rogue
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Tanto/simple

List and describe any gear sets for other specs that you possess: : I have a heroic highmaul dagger ilevel 670 that I use when i play sub, i still keep all the same armor as my main combat spec however and use one of my combat 1hers in the offhand.

Do you have any reasonably geared alts that you are prepared to play as well? List & describe them here: no alts just the rogue, this is a brand new acct and boosted character.

Describe your role in a specific raid encounter (You have the freedom to pick any fight). Go into some detail in how you manage your character and cooldowns, your role may also be different - depending on how your guild does this fight, so explain what exactly you do. If you have done the encounter on Heroic, explain that difficulty rather then normal:  Ill use heroic imperator as an example as it's currently the most challenging encounter I have defeated in this xpac.

I wont bore you with the details of the rotation but primarily I ensure that my cooldowns are being used efficiently start to finish and demonstrate spatial awareness to avoid being knocked back into the mines. Each time and add is up i switched to that target as my primary and enabled blade flurry to cleave. Should brand be active in the melee I run it out to a safe distance @ 5 stacks. I use DBM to tell me how far away I have to be to avoid the brand jumping.

Each time the nova knocks me back I shadowstep back onto the boss to ensure the highest level of uptime.

When the first set of warmages spawn I use my second prepot to increase DPS during this phase. Spamming kick on cooldown when the enemies cast bar is towards the end to ensure no overlap with other melee interrupters. Should I be targeted by the mages with fixate i position myself in such a way as to continue to deal damage whilst not blasting anyone standing nearby.

Alternatively, I can be assigned to cleave down the adds that spawn during this intermission, in which case I am mindful of the Hp of individual raid members in order to not kill anyone off from the resulting raid-wide burst. Typically I will hold off on using damage cooldowns at this stage as rushing the mobs can causes large spikes in damage to the raid so I just slow roll it.

During the second intermission when the reaver comes down I will direct my damage to whatever the primary warmage is whilst I wait for the reaver to land then immediately switch to the reaver. Once he is down I will kill the warmages in the set order or once again work on cleaving the adds.

In the final phase I am mindful of the cooldown of the Nova and to ensure my spread is adequate, I shadowstep over the nova to get back in melee range to reduce downtime.

Raiding Information 
Previous Raid Experience (guilds, ranks/roles, and content cleared - include Vanilla/BC if relevant): 

Played as a raider back in vanilla and BC, was more casual back then than I am now, cleared ZG, AQ20 and for BC I did Kara, Mag, SSC and TK. I quit prior to the release of BT.

Reason for leaving your current guild: 

My guild is a bunch of real life friends and we only chucked the guild together for the xpac since most of us were coming back to WoW for the first time in ages. Ive exhausted the current content that is puggable and Im chasing a new challenge in Mythic raiding.

Link to any recent combat parses (WMO, WoL, etc): 

I have a bunch of Mr Robot uploaded fights ready @ http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/player/us/frostmourne/tanto

I've included a few differnt types of fights to give you a more reasonable idea of the average instead of the super-happy meter pad fights only :)

Link a screenshot of your UI (in combat, in a raid setting), use imgur.com to upload your image:

http://i.imgur.com/20U3fON.jpg

Explain your keybinds and key addon usage, you may use your UI screenshot to assist you in doing so: 

My addon usage is pretty minimal, I use sliceadmiral to ensure the best efficiency is combo point usage and dot/buff refreshing as well as DBM and recount. You can see slice admiral in action in the above screenie, with the uptime timer bar for snd, bandits guilde, revealing strike etc

For keybinds I have all my main abilities bound to keys that are readily accessible from my wasd keys, such as x, z, r, q, e, and then I have shift + variants of each of these keys. I have shadowstep on middle mouse because its more of a reactive type move. I'm blessed in that I dont have a hundred buttons to press with this class/spec.

List your computer's stats and your internet connection. Include average latency and FPS during raids: 

gtx 970

i5 4690

120hz monitor

I get 41ms on the aus servers and 250 on US. FPS depending on the environment but typically in a full on shitstorm fight itll go between 80-120.

Extra 
Why do you want to join Honestly?:  I see honestly as a leading force for mythic raiding on frostmourne and want to be part of a crew of guys who have the same attitude towards raiding that I do.

Tell us why we should give you a trial:  Im pretty chill guy with the time on his hands and I like to min-max and research to get the best out of my character. I know what it takes to play this game well and I don't do anything by halves.

Do you play any other games? Give us an idea of your general gaming background/history: Yes I do, im a lifelong gamer and like alot of different genres. At the moment since the WoD launch ive played literally nothing but WoW, but prior to this xpac I was into dota 2. (4500mmr peak) I've played basically anything good that's come out since 1990 :)

If there is anything else you would like to add, or you have any closing comments, include them here:

I'm chasing that thrill of downing the boss you've tried so hard to kill for hours on end. Nothing in WoW gives me more satisfaction that PvE progression.

In a sea of easily replaceable rogues it is surely difficult to justify adding one to your lineup but I would implore you to look past the class to the player and see that I could be an asset to your raiding team. I know the rogue class back to front my experience back in BC and now WoD and I have the capacity to take constructive feedback for what it is. I am mature, have a thick skin and can wipe whilst analysing areas for improvement and not becoming salty.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honestly Forum Index -> PVE Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum