View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bersalious

re: Bersalious - Rogue

General Information 
Name: Andrew
Location/Timezone: New Plymouth, GMT+12

Can you attend our farm content raids, (Wed/Thu/Sun)from 7pm -> 11pm AEST)? Yes

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently looking into learning a computer language but other than that I go to the gym, play WoW and work part-time.

Character Information 
Character Name: Bersalious
Class: Rogue
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/Bersalious/advanced

List and describe any gear sets for other specs that you possess: I can easily swap specs by reforging and changing gems.

Do you have any reasonably geared alts that you are prepared to play as well? List & describe them here: I have alts for old raid farming but I would be interested in alt raids in WoD.

Describe your role in a specific raid encounter (You have the freedom to pick any fight). Go into some detail in how you manage your character and cooldowns, your role may also be different - depending on how your guild does this fight, so explain what exactly you do. If you have done the encounter on Heroic, explain that difficulty rather than normal: 

Heroic Warmaster Blackhorn - The reason I picked this is because pre-nerfs, this fight was all about dodging the charges and they were almost invisible, so as dps, I had to keep my eyes on charges throughout phase 1, while dodging/soaking Twilight Barrage and watching for the adds AoE cone. I also had to be on the ball when dragons were coming down so I had to have Slice and Dice and be ready to burst them.

Phase 2 was basically tank and spank expect for dodging Shockwave and using Feint whenever he roared.

It was one of the most challenging and fun encounters I have done, expect for Heroic Ragnaros.

Raiding Information 
Previous Raid Experience (guilds, ranks/roles, and content cleared - include Vanilla/BC if relevant): I started raiding in Cataclysm.  My rank was raider in all the guilds I joined.

Tier 11: Casual guild, as it was my first guild I didn't know what to expect so I joined any guild. We cleared all of tier 11 on normal the week before tier 12.

Tier 12: I raided in (Sonny's guild, he loves me for leaving) for a while but I then got asked to join so I applied and got accepted.  I cleared 7/7H killing Heroic Ragnaros on the 28/9/11, pre-nerfs.

Tier 13: I stayed with and cleared 8/8H. We cleared 6/8H pre-nerfs and 8/8H days after the 5% nerf. We would have had 8/8H within 2 weeks without nerfs.  Gigantor died before MoP released so I went to in preparation for MoP.

Tier 14: I cleared 6/6H MSV, 6/6N HoF and 4/4N ToES by the time Tier 15 came out.

Tier 15: Still in I cleared up to 11/13H pre-nerfs and got a few attempts on Heroic Lei Shen before the guild falling apart.

Tier 16: I haven't raided since the guild collapsed and went casual until my job allowed me to raid, which is now. I do have 9/14H but that was a guild carry. It was my first time seeing normal/heroic.

Reason for leaving your current guild: The biggest reason is progression.  I would like to be in a higher progressed guild.

Link to any recent combat parses (WMO, WoL, etc): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xmlsco9tj3t3c7aq/dashboard/?s=8202&e=8549

I can make more logs if needed.

Link a screenshot of your UI (in combat, in a raid setting), use imgur.com to upload your image: http://i.imgur.com/H8iUMRw.jpg

Explain your keybinds and key addon usage, you may use your UI screenshot to assist you in doing so:

I have all my rotation abilities as close and I can to my movements keys.  I have put my cooldowns on my mouse for easy use and all other cooldowns (defensive and movement) as close to my movement keys as possible.  I just put everything where it is easy to reach.

I have made all my cooldown and buff/debuff uptimes through Weak Auras, I have put them all in the centre of the screen because that is the best place for me to see them and not clutter up the screen. I have DBM on the right and the bar moves closer when the timer is almost over.

List your computer's stats and your internet connection. Include average latency and FPS during raids: GTX 770, i7 4790k 4.5Ghz and 8 GB ram. ~170ms and 50-60 fps in 25m raiding on ultra.

Extra 

Why do you want to join Honestly?: Honestly has great progression and I would like to be in a competitive raiding team again.

Tell us why we should give you a trial: I am very keen to get back into hardcore raiding come WoD, and I know I have what it takes to progress at a high level.  I am competent, adapt quickly and I am always up-to-date on any changes or tricks when it comes to Rogues and encounters.

Do you play any other games? Give us an idea of your general gaming background/history: I started with Warcraft 3 and then went onto WoW and I've stuck to WoW ever since.  I casually play PS3 games, like PvZ: Garden Warfare, Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter.  I also like me some racing games.

If there is anything else you would like to add, or you have any closing comments, include them here: Not that I can think of.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honestly Forum Index -> PVE Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum