Grandsui1

re: BM Hunter - 577 - 12/14HM

Anonymous wrote:

WHAT

Grandsui1

You cannot edit your posts in this forum

I also did MH, BT, TK, SSC, etc prog during TBC which landed me 'Hand of A'dal' and 'Champion of the Naaru'

Grandsui1

General Information
Name: Edmund
Location/Timezone: Sydney/UTC+10

Can you attend our farm content raids, (Wed/Thu/Sun)from 7pm -> 11pm AEST)?
Yup
Tell us a little about yourself:
Played this old timer from late 2006-2012 before taking a break in the DS Cata patch (HSC was the following year and I needed to crank down on my video game habits). Came back After my HSC which was late 2013 and played until early 2014, cleared 14/14NM then quit around the time the Uni bridging courses began. I started playing AGAIN a few months ago, originally I was with BashBrothers for a couple of weeks before joining House Harkonnen.

Personal things? I started my degree in Computer Science and the University of Sydney this year. The only way this should effect you guys is with the aligning of any exams with raiding.

Character Information
Character Name: Grandsui
Class: Hunter
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Grandsui/advanced

List and describe any gear sets for other specs that you possess:
I have a PvP spec I occasionally use to play with mates.

Do you have any reasonably geared alts that you are prepared to play as well? List & describe them here:
Sorry. I've pretty much exclusively played this character since coming back. (I've got a poorly PvP geared Ret Pally alt)

Describe your role in a specific raid encounter (You have the freedom to pick any fight). Go into some detail in how you manage your character and cooldowns, your role may also be different - depending on how your guild does this fight, so explain what exactly you do. If you have done the encounter on Heroic, explain that difficulty rather then normal:
I'll go with Siegecrafter Blackfuse because he's the guy I'm most confident with due to the amount of wipes I've had on him. Role is either belt or ground (depending on 25m group comp) but for this lets go with ground for variety. Start the fight with Hunters Mark, a complementary MD on the MT, pre-pot, Glaive Toss at the 2 second mark, Serpent Sting and then get into it. If I bladed I move out, otherwise stack on the raid until it's time to move during the fire phase. While stacking with the raid I trap-launch ice traps to mines dont get close and range/melee can safely AoE them down, if they get close put down a binding shot, if they get closer use EMP belt. If I get a blade thrown at me I move out otherwise I continue as normal (stacking with the raid time). Move to appropriate markers for AoE healing when blades decide to start flying around. During this time I don't stop damage on the boss with the exception of the Crawler Mines which are priority. Uh-oh whats that?! Trouble at the belt?! I get chosen to go cover the next belt wave because X is dead and for whatever (convenient to this explanation) reason is I'm allowed to demonstrate my ability to move out of vertical lasers. I jump on the pipe and Disengage off onto the belt, evade lasers and make my way back down to old mate 'Fuse. Looks like the remainding DPS have gotten him down to 20% so it's just the standard DPS/Execute/AoE down Mines. 5%. 2%. 1%. 0.1%.

Boss is dead.

No shoulders.

No TED.

Coined gold. 

Raiding Information
Previous Raid Experience (guilds, ranks/roles, and content cleared - include Vanilla/BC if relevant):

MoP:
So from late 2013 to Jan (iirc) 2014 I got 14/14N SoO
Since coming back in July I've gotten 12/14HM SoO

Cata:
(bear with me here)
Launch-
I got 2/4HM BoT
3-4/?HM BWD
0-1?/2 ToTFW
FL-
6/7HM
DS-
Full normal, a couple bosses on HM and then I quit

WoTLK:
ICC-
Upto Heroic Sindy on 25m ICC
ToGC-
Few bosses on 25m ToGC
Mad Skill 10m ToGC
Uld-
Yogg 25m

Reason for leaving your current guild:
They're going 10m from what I've heard

Link to any recent combat parses (WMO, WoL, etc):
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wpmRGtvdnKzFJrQh#fight=11
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wpmRGtvdnKzFJrQh#fight=28

To an extent my ilvl is holding me back from competing with some of the more geared hunters

Link a screenshot of your UI (in combat, in a raid setting), use imgur.com to upload your image:
http://i.imgur.com/jydsKf7.jpg?1

Explain your keybinds and key addon usage, you may use your UI screenshot to assist you in doing so:
Keybinds:
Highly keyboard oriented due to a lack of an MMO Mouse.
Most used spells get keybinded to more easily accessible keys.
Addons:
JSHB 4 Hunter's Bar to help me keep track of focus/CD usage
ElvUI because it just works
Skada for damage reports (Recount is no longer being updated from what i've heard)
Omen for threat but this may just be a force of habit type addon as I barely even look at it anymore

List your computer's stats and your internet connection. Include average latency and FPS during raids:
16GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair ram
Intel 1.7 2600k (3.4GHz stock, 3.8GHz with that passive OC doodaad)
Xfire 6870s at 2GB GDDR5
got wow on an SSD, got a few other TBs donated to media and what not
24" LED 1200p IPS Monitor (so I can look at my monitor from ANY angle)
Leopold mechanical keyboard (10 keyless)
Logitech g700

Extra
Why do you want to join Honestly?:
Honestly? you were just one of the first guilds I saw on the Frostmourne forum page, (to my knowledge) I've never really played with you guys before.

Tell us why we should give you a trial:
I might make a few funny quips here and there* and I might be a good addition to your roster.

Do you play any other games? Give us an idea of your general gaming background/history:

Planetside 2
ARMA 3/2
Rising Storm
CS
War Thunder
Crusader Kings 2
Fallout NV/3
Bad Rats
GTA: SA
Hotline Miami
Saints Row 3
The Wolf Among Us
EuroTruck Simulator 2

If there is anything else you would like to add, or you have any closing comments, include them here:
Eazy-E sums me up pretty well
"Maybe it's because I kick so much butt, I kick ass"

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honestly Forum Index -> PVE Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum