re: 570 Destro Lock

Themessiiah

I failed to mention that I use a razer naga for keybindings

Themessiiah

General Information 

Name: Mahmoud

Location/Timezone: Australia, Melbourne, Victoria.

Can you attend our farm content raids, (Wed/Thu/Sun)from 7pm -> 11pm AEST)? 

In regards to the times, they are perfect and well suited for me. I will be able to attend with no problems.

Tell us a little about yourself: 

I love playing video games, mainly on the PC. I like building computers. I have a great passion for boxing and it my dreams to one day have boxing as a career and become world champion :)

Character Information 

Character Name: Themessiiah (btag is MiniLock#1716)

Class: Main-sepc destruction warlock / off-spec affliction.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Themessiiah/simple

List and describe any gear sets for other specs that you possess: 

I'm a warlock so both my main-spec and off-spec is dps, gear is the same. 

Do you have any reasonably geared alts that you are prepared to play as well? List & describe them here: 

The only geared character after my warlock would be my resto druid which is only 540 ilvl. Other than that no I do not have any geared alts but if I can always start focusing on the druid and gearing that up too whenever needed.

Describe your role in a specific raid encounter (You have the freedom to pick any fight). Go into some detail in how you manage your character and cooldowns, your role may also be different - depending on how your guild does this fight, so explain what exactly you do. If you have done the encounter on Heroic, explain that difficulty rather then normal: 

Well at the start of a fight, about 3-4 seconds before the pull, In vent I call out "pre-pots" to let everyone know that they should drink their pre pots now so that they don't forget. I was just a raider in all the guilds I've been in, nothing more nothing less. 

In terms of my rotation it goes something like this: prepot, incinerate, dark soul, immolate, x2 conflagrate, x4 incinerate, chaos bolt, immolate, chaos bolt. I then will pop my second dark soul charge (I use Archimondes Darkness) whenever I get a major intellect proc such as expanded mind or toxic power.

Our strategy for herioc immerseus was the line up strategy, where you get all the raiders in the biggest platform next to the stairs where it goes up to the protectors, and every time we get a sha puddle under us we'd move to the right to make it clean and once we reach 3-4 stacks of swelling corruption (the dps that is) we'd stop dps on the boss and all ranged dps will focus on the adds killing them ASAP then back on the boss, rince and repeat.

For herioc protectors, our kill order was Rook > He > Sun (orginally Rook > Sun > He but we were getting noxious poison all over us and was wiping us) and instead of stacking tight we spread so that the corrupted brew is spread across but it was harder for the healers to heal us but it wasn't much of a issue. 

Herioc norushen we used the group strategy where group 1 would go in first and group 2 will soak, then group 2 will go in first and group 3 will start soaking, so on so forth, we try to do this as fast as possible so that we don't get anyone else going in at 50%. Most of the time I'd be on the adds since the damage you to the adds gets redirected to the boss.

Raiding Information 

Previous Raid Experience (guilds, ranks/roles, and content cleared - include Vanilla/BC if relevant): 

I started raiding late into WoTLK expansion, I only have done Naxx & ICC before I quit. I then came back when firelands was introduced to the Cataclysm expansion, I raided BWD, BoT, Baradin Hold, Dragon Soul & Throne of the Four Winds I quit again then I came back to 5.4.7, made a warlock and been playing it ever since.

My first guild was doing progression on flex garry (yeah I know) but at that time I just hit 90 and was in that guild while I was leveling, I joined their flex group and after 1 or 2 months no one started loging on for the flexies.

So I then left that group and joined a guild that was 11/14 NM and at that time my ilvl was around 545. They trialed me for about a week and I failed so they put me as sub, I would get subbed here and there but I knew I wasn't going to progress any further.

I joined my third guild (current guild which is 3/14 HM, 13/14 HM raid leader) I am currently 3/14 HM with them. They trialed me for about 2 weeks and I passed they had said I done well, we were originally a 25man herioc progression raiding guild but then people stopped showing up for the raids so we switched into two 10 man teams focusing on herioc progression. First night of herioc progression in 10 man (which was at 8:30 yesterday) did not go so well, we couldn't even down Immerseus they then called the night and I was thinking if I don't leave now I will not progress any further so here I am writing up this app.

Reason for leaving your current guild: 

I want to leave because the way we are going now we are not going to progress and be ready for WoD, I mostly explained in the previous question why I am leaving.

Link to any recent combat parses (WMO, WoL, etc): 

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/b4ilmrtcy8tkx0ki/details/2/?s=8050&e=8325

Link a screenshot of your UI (in combat, in a raid setting), use imgur.com to upload your image:

http://imgur.com/hlpoRdy

Explain your keybinds and key addon usage, you may use your UI screenshot to assist you in doing so: 

My 1, 2 & 3 is Incinerate, Immolate and Conflagrate, the reason being is because my rotation starts of like this: Potion of the Jade Serpent (which is keybind to V which is easier to hit as it is closer to my 1,2,3 ,Incinerate, Pop my DS, Immolate, Conflagrate x2, Doomgaurd (if hero is up) x4 Incinerate, CB + Immolate then another CB and just follow on through, I pop my DS whenever I have another major intellect proc up such as Toxic Power or Expanded Mind. Having them together makes it easier to go through the rotation without having to hold alt or shift or control. My addon usage is around 33-34 MB.

List your computer's stats and your internet connection. Include average latency and FPS during raids: 

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k (overcloked to 4.4 GHz)

CPU Fan: Corsair Hydro Series H80i CPU Cooler

GPU: MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD

RAM: Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

Power Supply: Seasonic X-850 80Plus Gold 850W

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3609721410 <---- that is a link to my speed test result

I usually get latency of 200ms - 300ms never goes over that. Average FPS I get in raids are 35-40 it never drops below that.

Extra 

Why do you want to join Honestly?: 

I ran a gold cm carry with you guys once, and it went smoothly and everyone in the group was really chilled, funny and relaxed. That's the kind of guild I want to be in where everyone can be relaxed and chilled not only that but during raid times I am serious and ready to progress.

Tell us why we should give you a trial: 

For one I'm always on time to my raids, I have a good attitude and I try my hardest to perform at my best ability and if I'm not doing good then I always try to find out why so I can strengthen myself to become a greater asset to the guild.

Do you play any other games? Give us an idea of your general gaming background/history: 

I use to play LoL (favourite champion was Ashe) I quit because I slowly lost the passion to play it anymore. I use to play DC Universe played it for about a year with my friend until I stopped due to studies. I played CS GO until I got banned for 380 days for wall hacking. I can go on and on about other games I've played but there's no point. 

If there is anything else you would like to add, or you have any closing comments, include them here:

I just hope I really make it into this guild :) 

thank you for reading.

Yours Sincerely,

Mahmoud

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honestly Forum Index -> PVE Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum