View previous topic :: View next topic  
abbeyirl

re: Arms Warrior looking for WoD raiding

ArkFrostmourne
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: Re: Arms Warrior looking for WoD raiding

Gladioo wrote:

Tell us a little about yourself: Only played retail/MOP for about 2 months, coming from playing Molten WOTLK private server for 2-3 years

sigh.

Forum Image

General Information 
Name: Adam
Location/Timezone: Sydney, GMT+10

Can you attend our farm content raids, (Wed/Thu/Sun)from 7pm -> 11pm AEST)?: Yea

Tell us a little about yourself: Only played retail/MOP for about 2 months, coming from playing Molten WOTLK private server for 2-3 years on-and-off and being a heroic/hardcore raider on there. Attending UNSW (first year) doing a Bachelor of Media/Journalism.  

Character Information 
Character Name: Gladio
Class: Arms Warrior
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Gladio/simple

List and describe any gear sets for other specs that you possess: 545 protection - I mainly use it if I wanna get quick RDF procs and such.

Do you have any reasonably geared alts that you are prepared to play as well? List & describe them here: not really - I have a 545 brewmaster/windwalker monk I played before deciding to main warrior though.

Describe your role in a specific raid encounter (You have the freedom to pick any fight). Go into some detail in how you manage your character and cooldowns, your role may also be different - depending on how your guild does this fight, so explain what exactly you do. If you have done the encounter on Heroic, explain that difficulty rather then normal: do whatever the raid needs me to do - towers on galakras, belt on siege, etc. High mobility + good aoe and defensives means I can easily handle adds and such on many fights. 

Raiding Information 
Previous Raid Experience (guilds, ranks/roles, and content cleared - include Vanilla/BC if relevant): Killed garrosh on normal, but not thok/siege/paragons. For the amount of time I've played retail I think that's pretty good. Killed LoD many times on Molten WOTLK - maining boomkin.

Reason for leaving your current guild: Haven't really joined any proper guild on retail yet - just jumping between guilds randomly for level 25 perks.

Link to any recent combat parses (WMO, WoL, etc): nope

Link a screenshot of your UI (in combat, in a raid setting), use imgur.com to upload your image: http://i.imgur.com/0BWN1RO.jpg

Explain your keybinds and key addon usage, you may use your UI screenshot to assist you in doing so: Had my keybinds set up originally for PVP and slowly modified them for PVE (hence why some binds such as sweeping strikes are a little weird). 1-2-3-4 is my basic damage with 5 as damage cooldowns. Shift 1-4 were originally set out as pvp keybinds and have stayed that way (shift 2 + 3 being my 'trinkets'), control 1-4 are my 'other' dps spells with my aoe bladestorm/thunder clap being close by each other. Defensives on V, mobility on mouse buttons. Bloodbath on Shift+R because it was originally stormbolt for pvp and has stayed that way. All my keybinds are pretty instinctively clicked now so this all suits me. I try to keep addons minimal, with just a few addons to make boss fights cleaner and for boss cooldown timers and such.

List your computer's stats and your internet connection. Include average latency and FPS during raids: between 70-110 FPS during raids (depending on fight). Usually ~180 ping unless someone else in my house is downloading. Don't really know computer specs, but it was custom built by a friend and does everything I need it to.

Extra 
Why do you want to join Honestly?: Looking for a good guild leading into WoD for raiding, since I'm too far behind to really do too much in MoP, and I know Honestly is one of the best guilds server-wide.

Tell us why we should give you a trial: Despite having no real merit on retail itself, I'm an experienced raider willing to put in effort to improve and progress fights. I don't expect to be a raider in the current patch but leading into WoD when I am actually current in gear and raids as they come out, I'm willing to put in time and effort to become a high rated raider on the server.

Do you play any other games? Give us an idea of your general gaming background/history: Played Runescape like any other kid when I was younger. Played stuff like CSS and TF2 between ~2010-2012, and League of Legends between 2012-2014. Don't really play any of them anymore though, I play stuff like Hearthstone and random steam games from time to time though.

If there is anything else you would like to add, or you have any closing comments, include them here: I know you're mainly looking for heroic progressed, high geared raiders to finish MoP strong, but once WoD drops I will definitely put in lots of effort to be as far progressed in current content as possible, and I put in lots of effort to learn tactics and perfect fights. Hopefully you guys are interested in people like me to be a part of your guild as MoP comes to a close.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Honestly Forum Index -> PVE Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum